2013 Programs - A Cruise on Land
From the moment you step off the plane in Guadalajara (GDL) to the moment you board the plane after the program – almost everything is included (except alcoholic drinks and tips). (Note: Arrival Day is Saturday. Arrive in the afternoon as we begin with a Meet and Greet Cocktail party at 6 p.m. followed by dinner.
The following are included in the price of the Focus on Mexico Learning Adventures
- Hotel - Real de Chapala (7nights), with its fabulous grounds, amenities and wonderful Mexican ambiance, is located on Lake Chapala. (Heated swimming pools, tennis courts, billiards, restaurant and bar, spacious rooms, and safety deposit boxes in each room.)
- Meals - Full breakfast every day at the hotel, plus lunch and dinner at a variety of the area’s BEST restaurants; different each day. All our favorites. (Let us know about any special needs you have.) Many of the restaurants have live entertainment.
- Transportation - From airport to hotel and return (regardless of when you arrive or leave), as well as all activities during the program (air-conditioned bus with Manuel, our long-time bus driver).
- Educational Seminars, providing you with all the information and knowledge about living in Mexico. You will hear first hand from Experts on topics including Health Care, Banking & Investments, Immigration, Real Estate, The Mexican Legal System, Insurance, Taxes (Mexican, U.S. Canadian), Cost of Living, How to handle your financial affairs, and a myriad of other important information. Our Q & A sessions provide answers to your specific questions.
- You'll receive the 100-page Focus Resource Manual for future reference (plus additional handout materials); chockful of important information for everything you need to know. (Valued at $135 U.S.)
- A 32-page Driving Kit packed full of everything you need to help you if you decide to drive to Mexico, including directions (to keep in your glove box). (Valued at $49 U.S.)
- A digital 33-page Guide to Moving your personal belongings to Mexico.
- A valuable list of Recommended contacts to assist you for when you make the move.
- Limited Time Offer: A Special Certificate to come back and sit in on the seminars again any time in the next FIVE years at absolutely NO COST. This is an incredible value. (Valued at $499 U.S.)
*** Our Focus Alumni Support Program includes comprehensive Relocation Services. Once you have attended a Focus Learning Adventure, you will have access to our 'Ask Focus' website, which is designed to cover all aspects of the move and living here on a day to day basis. You'll also have access to our Focus Support Team and Relocation Specialists who will guide you through the process, helping you make a smooth transition to Mexico (once you have made the decision that this is something you want to do).
- Program Director and Focus Team - Available throughout the program to look after your needs.
- Entertainment and Outings
- Includes Meet and Greet Cocktail party
- A day in Guadalajara and Tlaquepaque
- Live music at some dinners
- Numerous excursions, shopping and strolling through the villages
- Visit a selection of homes in various locations and see some new construction projects
- Farewell Party, a Mexican Fiesta, at Casa Bullock on Friday evening.
- Saturday is departure day or extension on your own
Focus is committed to making your stay memorable, educational and, most of all, enjoyable!
The seminars alone are more than worth the price of the trip.
|Karen Kean and Lynne Barrette from Alberta – Apr07 Program
|"All the presenters at the program were, in our opinion, top notch, well versed, knowledgeable and confident in their area of specialty. Focus, you provide an invaluable service to those who are interested in moving to Mexico. As a result of these sessions - myths, fears and misunderstandings were dispelled, all questions were answered and valuable connections with experts in numerous fields were made. The content alone of the educational sessions is “more than worth the price of the program.” The program exceeded our expectations by a very long shot. In more ways than one, it has been a changing week in our lives. You were not kidding when you say Lake Chapala is magical."
Jim McCullough, Focus ALUMNI
"Hola and gracias Marie and Ray
Just wanted to thank you for allowing us to sit in (again) as Alumnii on all the presentations we attended this week; it has been a huge benefit. It was so good to be in a position of knowing who you need to see and what you want to have refreshed in your memory bank and then being able to relate to what the speaker is actually saying. There is just so much information in the full program that you go home with your brain overflowing, so having the opportunity to come back and sit in again on the seminars (for free) was invaluable to us. It has allowed us to really digest and better understand all the information. So, bottom line - From a client point of view, I think this is one of your great ideas and I think you guys have had a lot of them.
I know we have made a number of friends here already thanks to Focus and I hope we can include you among them. We both look forward to seeing more of you in the future. Thank you for everything."
|Bonnie Stamford, Focus ALUMNI
|"Having originally planned to come down here for two weeks on my own, and then finding the Focus program was running the first week I was here and signing up for it, I cannot express how truly grateful I was to have enrolled. Although the whole program was incredible, for me this was the most valuable part, especially if you're considering moving down here, or spending winters or summers. I have been researching and reading books about this for the last 4 months, and although I knew a fair amount of the information presented, it was only maybe about a quarter of what was presented.
Julie Vargas will be a Godsend when it comes to visa and immigration issues and will definitely be my right hand woman when I return! And the info on living on the Lake from all the different perspectives has let me know exactly what is required to make the process easy. The health care info clarified what I will need down here to care for myself, and expanded my knowledge of what is available and approximate costs.
Considering I thought the program quite expensive on the front end, I consider it worth every penny on the back end, especially being an older single woman on my own with no connections down here. Now I have many and ones I can trust to be of good service to me in my endeavors. What a relief that is.
Ray and Marie run a very well organized and informative program that they adjust easily to work around unexpected necessary changes to the scheduling of events. They are caring hosts and oversee that all goes well. They are ready and willing to answer all questions, and if there is one they aren't sure of, will investigate and get the answer for you.
The closing dinner at their home was an unexpected highlight of the program. As for their staff, they couldn't have gotten better people who cared for us all and lovingly watched after us like mother hens. They made our busy schedule easy to take and enjoyable without feeling hurried or pressured. They kept us informed and worry free about anything except to enjoy ourselves. Their warm and friendly personalities made them so fun to get to know and spend time with.
By the end of the week, you had a new family here in Mexico, a bonus you don't get with just visiting here! Even our bus driver was great and wowed us with his expertise in chauffeuring us around in the mammoth vehicle through the narrow cobblestone streets of the towns. The service provided by all the staff went beyond the "call of duty", and you could tell it was genuine...not forced. These are all people who like and enjoy other people and that made this program special in so many different ways. Ray and Marie have something very special to offer people that doesn't exist anywhere else in this area, and it only keeps getting better with age. Truly a fine wine!
Go to the Book Now - Pay Later page to start your new life adventure!
What you will learn