Focus Alumni Benefits
Sign up for a Focus Fast-Track-to-Learning program and in addition to all you will learn during the program, you will enjoy all the Focus Alumni Benefits
Focus Alumni Benefit Card
Request your Focus Discount Card NOW! Check out this Focus Discounts page to see all the Member Advantages for Focus Alunni. A few discounts are listed below; for instance, a 10% discount on appliances at Tio Sam’s, 15% off computer work at Benno’s, and many more.
|Fred and Donna Farrell|
Donna and I had an experience today that we had to share with you. Our dishwasher needed to be replaced and we planned to use El Tio Sam’s for this. I Googled them to find there web page and the name came up in conjunction with Focus On Mexico and opened to a page from the F.O.M. web site regarding discounts. Imagine our surprise to discover that Focus members receive a fifteen percent (15%) discount (now is 10%). We were totally unaware of this benefit of being a Focus Alumni. Our dishwasher came to 11,745 Pesos but with the discount we got it for 9,800 Pesos or a savings of 1,945 Pesos. At the current rate of exchange that amounted to $150 USD. This is a hidden benefit that should be pointed out at the seminars if it is not being done already. I know that I did not know about it from our seminar but may have somehow missed it. Adios, Fred and Donna
You can use your Focus on Mexico membership cards for discounts to many local Lakeside businesses…businesses that we know and trust. We’re working with local businesses to update our list. Check back soon as we are currently updating this list of approved busineses.
NOTE: Currently Updating the List of Discounts – come back soon.
As a Focus Alumni, you will have access to a special section of our website, designed to cover all aspects of making the move and living here on a day-to-day basis. Just to name a few:
- Moving to Mexico – Check List – Before you Move, Packing Tips, Documents, After Arrival
- Living at Lakeside – Cultural activities, Health & Fitness, Legal & Immigration, Sporting & Leisure
- How to Procedures – Applying for DIF – Seniors Discount Card, Applying for IMSS or Seguro Popular ( National Health Care available to foreigners), Driving instructions to close by places, Setting up utility contracts, Getting a Mexican Driver’s license, Setting up TV, Opening Bank Accounts,
- Directory of Services – Churches, Charities, Dining & Entertainment, Communications, Finances and Banking, Government offices, Shopping, Service contracts, Transportation
- Alumni Networking – Focus monthly luncheons, Scheduled trips
- Focus Benefit Card – includes discounts for meat, restaurants, furniture, appliances, locks, computer services, physio, optical, fumigation, chiropractic, paint, dentistry, medical lab, pharmacy, etc.
- Frequently Asked Questions
ASK FOCUS is a Q & A section of questions you submit to us. We will give you answers to questions like;
- How to get a Mexican Driver’s License
- What to do when your vehicle registration expires
- How to sign up for IMSS (National Health Care) or Seguro Popular
- How to apply for the Seniors Benefit Card for Jalisco and the national card for the rest of Mexico
- List of discounts, including hospitals, lab tests, restaurants, museums, ETN bus travel, property taxes and much more Note: Many people have lived here for years and are not even aware this benefit to seniors exists
- Services, like maids, gardeners, dog sitters, painters, decorators, doctors, dentists, restaurants, etc.
- Holidays and Fiestas
- What are the labor laws?
- What benefits are your maid and gardener entitled to, for instance:
- Christmas bonuses
- Holiday pay
- Severance package
- Do you need to enroll them in IMSS Health and Pension?
- Who can drive your vehicle and who can’t?
- How to change your foreign plates to Mexican plates (and are you allowed?)
The Alumni section will continue to grow as we add more and more content to further enhance your new life on the lakeside. We’ll invite Alumni to share your stories with us. If you drive to Mexico with pets you can identify the route you took and the hotels you found that would (or would not) take pets. By inviting Alumni to participate, we’ll be able to cover a lot more and add additional value for all to benefit from and enjoy.
You’ll have the opportunity to join the invite list for Focus monthly luncheons to link you immediately to a network of Focus Alumni; a great way to make instant friends and find like-minded people.
You’ll have access to all our recommended Expert speakers from the Focus program, from doctors, lawyers, immigration specialists, banking, investing and more. We personally use all our speakers services so can vouch for their credibility and expertise.
Fast-Track-to-Learning – Focus Alumni still sit in on Seminars for Free
The 6-Day Fast-Track-to-Learning format condenses the previous 8-Day format at a reduced cost. We wanted to let Focus Alumni know that you are still eligible to come back and sit in on the education Seminars again for Free. With the new format, we will offer optional A-la-Carte services which Focus Alumni also have access to, whether coming back to sit in on the Seminars, coming for a visit or living here.
Focus/Best Doctors & WEA Private Group Plans
Quality Affordable Health Care is the # 1 concern for most of our clients. As a result of recent issues arising with the national health care options in Mexico, Focus set out to find a quality and affordable health care plan. With great fortune we found Best Doctors and WEA and immediately put together Focus / Best Doctors Health Care and WEA Group Plans for our clients. Featuring world-wide coverage, English speaking, 2nd opinion from top 5% medical specialists in the world, and affordable annual premiums. These are plans to definitely check out.
Becoming a Focus Alumni just gets better and better!
To apply for the Focus Alumni Discount Card, please click here;